Sunday, June 16, 2013

Philip DeFranco and The Philly D show

One of my favorite news broadcasters is Philip Defranco -- made famous by his Philly D show, Defranco not only enlightens the viewer on current news, but makes sure they are entertained in the process. The genius Philip Defranco and his crew “sourcefeed” often review stories which are anywhere from 2 days old to current, on his channel on youtube. Defranco’s sense of humor is often within reason; I find his humor often comes from his personal intake on the news broadcast and not at all distasteful. Some controversial humor often come from broadcasts regarding ethnicity, this comes off as Defranco sometimes, speak on the stereotypical side, which sometimes lead to problems and which in some cases may insult me. Along side world news Defranco also shines a light on everything relevant to the average viewer this ranging from serious news, to sports to even fashion trends. Among 2.5 million subscribers, i often refer to one of Phily D's shows for my every day intake of news. Furthermore, his show only runs for about 8-15 minutes depending on the news covered thus not taking only a small portion of my time, and if more information is required there is often a link to the article in the description. One of my favorite broadcasts included the victoria secrete fashion show; this was due to Defranco humors coverage of the event. Ultimately, I regard Philip Defranco as one of the most influential satirical broadcasters and my go to news anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment