Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Influences of Social Media


Media in our society has a direct correlation to the way we view the world. No matter which angle you look at it, everybody has been exposed and influenced by media in one way or another. Although, some speculate that media's influences can be negative and lead to stereotypical analysis of the world, others are rejoiced with its influences. I for one feel that current media has helped me better interconnect with the world. Media such as television, internet and radio have helpt me keep track of current events, while other forms of media such as social media have allowed me to better communicate amongst my friends & family members. I often manage to stay connected to various form of media via my phone, due to the iPhone’s vast number of downloadable applications i tend to stay connected to majority of the social media sites such as facebook, instagram, twitter and snapchat, while also checking my email as often as possible; especially this year due to university acceptance letters. Furthermore, my is phone essentially used for texting and making phone calls, despite the various forms media offering instant messaging services, the text and call feature on my phone are irreplaceable and at the end of the day is my method of choice for communicating. Some forms of media no longer have an influence on my life these include, newspaper (due to online articles,) video games (no time,) and finally comic books (loss of interest). In summary, my exposure to media is often related to my use of phone, computer and the television as they not only offer means of communication and connection with the world but offer creative methods of entertainment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment